Bylaws of the
Siskiyou County Amateur Radio Association
ARTICLE I — NAME
The name of the organization is Siskiyou County Amateur Radio Association, hereinafter referred to as SCARA. It is a non-
ARTICLE II — GOVERNING BOARD
The SCARA governing Board shall be composed of seven Directors. The Board of Directors shall include the offices of President, Vice-
1. President: The President shall preside over all Board and Membership Meetings. The President may create and define one or more committees and appoint a voting member of SCARA to chair any committee. The President shall be an ex-
3. Treasurer: The Treasurer shall keep and maintain, or cause to be kept and maintained, adequate and correct books and records of account in written form or any other form capable of being converted into written form. The Treasurer shall deposit all monies and other valuables in the name and to the credit of the Corporation with such depositories as may be designated by the Board. The Treasurer shall disburse all funds of the Corporation as may be ordered by the Board, and shall render to the President and Directors, whenever they request it, an account of all of the Treasurer’s transactions, as Treasurer, and of the financial condition of the Corporation
4. Secretary: The Secretary shall keep, or cause to be kept, a book of minutes in written form of the proceedings of the Board and Membership Meetings.
The Board of Directors shall meet bi-
The Board may authorize expenditures of funds up to $500 without concurrence of the Membership. Expenditures greater than $500 require prior approval by majority vote of the Members. The board may obligate SCARA in long term financial or non-
If a Director is unable to attend a scheduled Board meeting, she or he may designate another voting member of SCARA to as a proxy. The Director must notify at least one other Director of this designation prior to the scheduled meeting. The proxy has the same authority to act and vote on all matters as does the Director, except that a proxy cannot be used to constitute a quorum. The Director may revoke the authority of the proxy at any time.
ARTICLE III — TERMS and VACANCIES
A Director’s term shall be until the next Annual Meeting of the Members.
Vacancies on the Board of Directors shall be filled by a majority vote of the Membership, at any regular meeting, or special meeting called for that purpose.
A vacancy in the Board shall exist in the following circumstances:
1. In the event of the death or resignation of any Director. A Director may resign effective on giving written notice to the President.
2. If the Board by resolution declares vacant the office of a director who has been declared of unsound mind by an order of court or convicted of a felony.
3. If less Directors are elected by the Membership than the number of seats open on the board.
4. If the majority of all Members present at any regular or special meeting vote to remove any Director.
ARTICLE IV — BOARD ELECTIONS
Nominations for the seven Board Directors, specifically designating Officers and Directors-
Board Directors will be elected by majority vote at the Annual Meeting. If there is more than one candidate for any position, the vote shall be by secret ballot.
ARTICLE V — MEMBERSHIP MEETINGS
The Annual Meeting of the Membership shall be held the first Saturday in December. A quorum for the Annual Meeting shall consist of at least twenty percent of Members eligible to vote and a quorum of the outgoing Board of Directors.
General Membership meetings shall be the first Saturday of each month unless the Board of Directors deems that special circumstances require cancellation or rescheduling.
At all General Membership meetings the order of business shall be:
(a) Introduction (if members present and visitors
(b) Reports of Directors and Committee Chairpersons
(c) Old business
(d) New business
(e) Program (Guest speaker, etc.)
(f) Other Activities for the “Good of the Order”
(g) Close meeting
Special Meetings of the Membership may be called by any three Directors, with seven days prior notice given to the Membership. The agenda for the Special Meeting shall be given with the notice of the meeting.
The agenda for any Membership meeting may be modified at the discretion of the President (or designee). Roberts Rules of Order, Revised, shall be the parliamentary authority.
ARTICLE VI — OFFICIAL COMMUNICATIONS
Special announcements, Board meeting dates and agendas, notices concerning the Membership and other pertinent information shall be aired during the regular SCARA Thursday Evening Nets at 7:00 pm. Emergency and priority announcements shall be given over the repeater system and by telephone when deemed necessary.
ARTICLE VII — FEES and DUES
The dues year for Members shall be the calendar year from January 1 to December31.
The Board shall establish annual Member Dues and may establish annual Family Dues. Annual dues are paid by each Member. However, if a family of Members live in the same house, one Member may pay the annual dues, and the subsequent family Members may pay reduced Family Dues as set by the Board.
The Board shall determine annual Member and Family dues for the following year and notify the Membership of the dues at the November general Membership meeting. If the dues increase more than 25 percent above the current year, the increase must be approved by a majority vote of Members present at the Annual Meeting.
The Board may set other fees and solicit special voluntary contributions from the Members. The terms and conditions for these fees and contributions must be approved by a majority of Members present at a prior general Membership meeting.
Members must pay annual dues by February 1 of the dues year or they shall be considered delinquent and no longer in good standing. The President shall announce at the November and December meetings that dues should be paid prior to January l. Reminders shall also be made occasionally during SCARA nets prior to the February l deadline.
ARTICLE VIII — AMENDMENTS AND REVISIONS
No part of these Bylaws shall be amended or revised except on the recommendation of the Board of Directors and a subsequent vote of the Membership taken in the following manner:
1. A copy of the proposed changes shall be provided all voting members in good standing present at the general meeting preceding the meeting at which the vote is scheduled, The scheduled vote shall be announced during the two regular SCARA nets preceding the vote.
2. Adoption of any proposed amendment or revision shall require the affirmative vote of a majority of the Members in good standing present. However, if any proposed change(s) require amending the Articles of Incorporation, the Issue to be voted on must be combined with the associated amendment of the Articles and the vote must proceed as described in the Articles.
ARTICLE IX — ACCEPTANCE
All other Bylaws either expressed or implied stand null and void at the time of acceptance of the above.
These expanded and revised Bylaws were adopted at the annual meeting held on______________
President: Don Hasemeyer, K6NOD
Secretary: Diane Hasemeyer, K6GYL